The Designer's Dilemma. Changing the way we think about design to better tackle the challenges of environmentalism.
Designing for Sustainability. Designers have a responsibility to seek sustainable solutions.
Mexican Estridentism and Realism
Helga Prignitz, July 5, 2010
Helga Prignitz, July 5, 2010
Frida Kahlo in a hospital bed, drawing her corset with help of a mirror, 1951_Collection Galeria López Quirog_Juan Guzmán
Frida Kahlo’s artistic development from the New Objectivity (Neue Sachlichkeit), through Mexican Estridentism to Surrealism and her very own blend of Realism is comprehensively presented. Her art is supplemented by a collection of photographs belonging to her family and friends which offer unusual insights into her time. Responsibility for this part of the exhibition rests with Frida Kahlo’s great niece, the photographer Cristina Kahlo.
Frida as little child, 1911_Collection Cristina Kahlo_Guilermo Kahlo
The loans come from Mexican private collections, North American museums and prominent collections in the USA. A comprehensive catalogue will be published by Prestel Verlag.
Frida and Diego in Tizapán, 1937_Collection Promotora Cultural Fernando Gamboa A.C._Nickolas Muray Photo Archives
Through August 9, 2010
- Basquiat, SAMO the shooting star.
- Seydou Keita, 50 Works
- Nick Brandt, Living on Earth...
- Richard Long, A Walking Sculptor
- Josef Hoflehner, Mystery and Sensuality of Black & White
- Gyula Halász, Brassaï in the night
- Oleg Dou, Subliminal photographs
- Herb Ritts, A self-taught photographer
- Warwick Saint, A Boy + The Girls...
- Christian Coigny, IN PROCESS...
- Ara Güler, Lost Istanbul: 1950s and 60s
- Barkley L. Hendricks, The Birth of the cool
- Daphne Odjig, Pow Wow at Wikwemikong
- Helmut Newton, The SUMO. Must be readed.
- The Heroic Africa, Philippe Bordas, The Essence Photographic
- Jacek Jarnuszkiewicz, Man is a thinking reed No3
- Wangechi MUTU, The Anthropological Art
- Michel Comte, Empathic & Emblematic
- Ezra Stoller, An quiet Architect-Photographer
- The Dashanzi, Displays contemporary art in the Bauhaus style
- Brian Finke, The Flight Attendants
- Pierre Soulages, Painter of black and light
- Gérard Uféras, States of Grace
- Alexis Aliocha Peskine, Twenty things you should know about Alexis Peskine...
- YAYOI KUSAMA, Fireflies on the Water
- Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera..., Passion, Politics and Painting
- Louise Bourgeois in Canada..., Sculptor of timeless sculpture
- Howard Schatz, Liquid Light Series
- Gabor Szilasi, The Eloquence of the Everyday
- Arthur Elgort, Le Dandy de la photographie
- Norbert Wagenbrett, Die Neue Sachlichkeit
- Anish Kapoor, The Metaphysical thinker...
- Los Angeles (1865-2008), This Side of Paradise
- Brendan Lee Satish Tang, Remix Generation
- Göksin Sipahioglu, Sir Sipa, photographer
- Controversies, A legal and ethical history of photography
- Champ de Vision, Damián Ortega Part 2
- Manuel Vason, The man beyond The Encouters
- Esther Shalev-Gerz, Regarding Your Image Regarding Me
- Laurent Grasso, THE HORN PERSPECTIVE
- Valérie Belin, Creative obsession of the image
- Thomas Nozkowski, The Revolutionary painting
- Mario García Torres, Red + Black + Sound...
- Abraham-Louis Breguet, An Apogee of European Watchmaking
- MILES in MTL..., We Want Milles: Jazz Face to Face with its legend
- Robert Rauschenberg, Gluts
- Le Mouvement, From Cinema to Kinetics
- FRIDA KAHLO, Y SU MUNDO
- Gerhard STEIDL, Fine art of Steidl book + Last Impressions
- UUTURAUTIIT, Cape Dorset celebrates 50 years of printmaking
- THE NUDE, In Modern Canadian Art, 1920-1950
- Sirine Fattouh, Lost - Won + The Remake
- Languages of Futurism, The artistic expressions of Futurism
- Frank Lloyd Wright, From Within Outward
- Denise Colomb, And the West Indies (1948-1958)
- BEYOND KIOSK, Modes of multiplication
- Ferdinando Scianna, Geometry + Passion
- Vanity Fair Portraits, Photographs 1913-2008
- Cai Guo-Qiang, I Want to Believe
- Nikolay Polissky, Large Hadron Collider
- Graffiti, Born in the streets
- Picasso Cézanne, Picasso looks at Cézanne
- Milton Glaser, The Modernist
- Philippe Parreno, VOICE-OVER
- NOMADS, Nomadism in Vancouver
- CARLO VALSECCHI, Lumen
- NAVIN RAWANCHAIKUL, SUPER CHINA!
- The Space of Words, Heterogeneous relationships between words and space
- The Jazz Century, I Love Jazz!
- MONA HATOUM, Measures of entanglement
- THE TAG, An Gallizia collection at The Grand Palais
- Andy Warhol, WARHOL TV
- FIFA 2009, The splendour continues!
- Sophie Ristelhueber, Temporal + spatial + Images
- Shilpa Gupta & Mahzarin Banaji, While I Sleep
- Ray Caesar & Kosta Kulundzic, The Outsiders
- William Eggleston, An American in Paris…
- Beatriz Milhazes, Natural forms + rigorous geometry
- Erich Salomon, The King of the Indiscreet, 1928-1938
- DAMIÁN ORTEGA, CHAMP DE VISION
- Valérie Belin, La peau des choses
- Raymond Depardon + Paul Virilio, Native Land - Stop Eject
- Roman Cieslewicz, A man with a strong vision of creativity
- LE FUTURISME À PARIS, UNE AVANT-GARDE EXPLOSIVE
- OCEANIA, Signs of ritual, symbols of authority
- Picasso and the Masters, Pictural dialogue
- Balthasar Klossowski, Balthus - 100th anniversary
- 4 Days in Mongolia, Glimpses of life...
- Jules Kulein, Desire + Graphism + Provocation
- Steven Meisel, Makeover Lightness
- RON MUECK + GUY BEN-NER, REAL LIFE
- H BOX, H as Hermès
- Juan Muñoz, A narrator sculptor
- Thomas Scheibitz, About 90 elements/TOD IM DSCHUNGEL
- Geoffrey James, Utopia/Dystopia contrasts ideal society with a world gone awry
- Club of 8, The 2008 Governor General’s Awards in Visual and Media Arts
- Robert Mapplethorpe, Lisa + Milton + Thomas & Ken
- China Power Station, PART III
- César Baldaccini, An Anthology by Jean Nouvel
- Floriane de Lassée, Inside Views
- Monsengwo Kejwamfi Moke, Father of the Popular painting movement in Congo
- Alexander Rodchenko, Revolution in photography
- Richard Avedon, Photographs 1946 - 2004”
- Alec Soth, L'espace entre nous
- The 1930s at The MBAC, The Making of
- Patti Smith, Land 250
- Keith Haring, A Summer with Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Andrea Branzi, Open Enclosures
- Glenn Ligon, I Am A Man
- ¡CUBA!, A voyage through this Island’s Art and History, from 1868 to today
- Michael Craig-Martin, Father of Brit-Art
- Lee Bul, On Every New Shadow
- 20 Creative People for 2008, Who are changing your world - 2008
- Richard Serra, Master of the tectonic nature of sculpture
- Eija-Liisa Ahtila, The House Sculptures
- Gerda Taro, A revolutionary photographer in the Spain’s war
- Ray Caesar, A Toronto, les chats sont gris la nuit…
- De Superman au Chat du Rabbin, From the Shtetl to the devouring metropolis
- Takashi Murakami, The mass-market machine man
- Albert Watson, A provocative testimony
- Daphne Odjig, "Picasso's grandmother" + The Indian transition
- Yin Xin, The western most Chinese painters
- Carlito Dalceggio, Anatomy of the invisible
- Graffiti is art or bullshit ?, A brief history of graffiti movement
- TaTa Sam Bejan, A Tribute to an humanist photographer
- Edward Steichen, Master of Photography
- Pierre and Gilles, Double Je (1976 - 2007)
- Five Nights at the Museum, The union of Art with Architecture
- What the World Eats ?, Have a dinner !
- Le Tour du monde de la Pub, Broken course of the history of advertising
- The Situationist International (1957–1972), An Bauhaus imaginiste
- Kurt Wyss, Photographic Encounters
- Zhu Yunwei, Opened / closed eyes, awoken dream of a photographer
- David Lynch, The Air is on Fire
- FIFA : A quarter-century of pure splendour!, 25th International festival of films on art
- Twenty things you should know about Eva Van Den Bulcke..., Schlof project
- Shomei Tomatsu, Skin of the Nation
- Centre Pompidou, 30 years of world culture!
- 35 New Photographers 2007, Photographers of tomorrow, selected by Getty Images Bank
- Valérie Belin, The anthropometric method: Metamorphosis or transformation?
- The Event,, Images as protagonists of history
- Nacho Lopez, Revelations and Miracles
- A History of Advertising: Photography in France, from Man Ray to Jean-Paul Goude
- Desiree Dolron: Exaltation - Gaze - Xteriors, The mystic photography
- Paris celebrates international photography, Paris Photo celebrates its tenth anniversary with a sparkling selection of Nordic talent
- Lee Friedlander, -
- NRC Scientists Help Solve the Mysteries behind the Mona Lisa, -
- Digimart - Take 1, Global Digital Distribution Summit
- Joel Meyerowitz, Out of the Ordinary, 1970-1980
- J. Shulman, Modernity and the Metropolis, July 2006 / NBM, Washington D.C
- Nicolas Ruel, Inox
- Egodesign.ca has arrived!, www.egodesign.ca’s June 22, 2006 online debut was a resounding success.
- Art Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale