Green(d), For Lack of a Better Word, Is Good. Beyond marketing campaigns and good intentions, it is time to look at the greening of America's businesses from the long-standing perspective of supply and demand.
Designing for Sustainability. Designers have a responsibility to seek sustainable solutions.
Paris Eight Project
Concept by ASAAThe Paris Eight is a 18.000m² building located in the heart of the Central Business District (CBD). Formerly headquarter of a bank and lately renovated in 1999, the building was needed a renovation in order to attract some new tenants.
Marion Guillot, August 30, 2010
Marion Guillot, August 30, 2010
The figures 8 has always been associated with renewal. Whilst respecting the linearity and purity of the art deco façade, ASAA has breathed new life into the interior of Paris Eight. The redevelopment reconciles history and technological innovation and at the same time provides the building with present-day comforts and practical features.
Considering the building, the needs, the location and last but not least the actual market ASAA decided to create a real distinctiveness to the project Paris Eight. This identity was created by a strong idea embodies by a concept which is to introduce the hotel atmosphere in an office building in order to assure to every visitor a real experience – an experimentation.
Paris Eight/Hall_Axel Schoenert Architectes Associés_Luc Boegly
To introduce the hotel atmosphere in an office building, to assure to every visitor an experience and the comfort is a real preconception which wad done by ASAA especially by Axel Schoenert and Zsofia Varnagy, that was a risk to take in order to give a change in this office building.
To ensure the Experience of the Hotel atmosphere we introduce the “5 senses” idea:
- Sense of sight: To propose a global and a coherent vision – ASAA design the furniture.
- Sense of smell: ASAA decided to distil a light ginger flavour to embody the building.
- Sense of touch: Sweet and soft materials has been chosen: Corian, curtain etc.
- Hearing sense: An ambient music has been created: the Paris Eight Compilation
- Sense of taste: An Inter Company Restaurant was planned but it won’t be realised since the future tenants won’t need it.
As the entrance hall is a major aspect of a building since it lets the first impression to the visitor we decided to play strongly the theme in this area.Not just an entrance hall, this new reception area concept, based on comfort, elegance and harmony, strikes a chord with the glass roof that illuminates the atrium. The hushed atmosphere, designed to create intimate areas dedicated to social interaction, matches the comfort of the forum in the space basement.
Paris Eight/Entrance_Axel Schoenert Architectes Associés_Luc Boegly
We find then, these soft and undulating forms make a direct reference to the 8 Paris Eight in furniture designed by ASAA. The light colors such as ivory, plum, beige created a play of light and reflections play with canopy and side windows.
Finally, the space of the hall is divided into small places, conducive to meeting naturally generates a feeling of ease and comfort, thus improving working conditions for everyone.
The office space has been conceptualized along the same lines: soft tones and games of transparency in the continuity of the lobby.
In fact, delivered in trays released on 7 floors and ground floor are then modulated so that each tenant can dispose at will of its spaces. Finally, the office floors are scored in three prospective tenants can rent between 500 and 1.800m ² per floor.
- The Mikou Design Studio, Twenty things about Salwa & Selma Mikou
- The Farnsworth House, Mies van der Rohe: LESS IS MORE
- I remember you Oscar Niemeyer., The Last Modernist...
- Piero Lissoni, Goddess is in the details…
- Yabu Pushelberg, Le Printemps Haussmann + Luxury and Accessories
- Ieoh Ming Pei, An exceptional Architect
- The Shell House, Kotaro Ide, The Japanese Ecologist...
- The Seifert House, The Architecture at its purest
- Last Call for Planet Earth, Reflexions by Archi-World®
- Palimpsest and Emotion, The Cultural spaces
- Palazzo Orlandi, Photographic talks with Sabrina Bignami
- Zaha Hadid, The Complete Works 1979–2009
- The Three Mobile House, Slow Architecture with Hangar Design Group
- The R.R. House, How Nature influences the architecture - Vinicius Andrade + Marcelo Morettin
- The XS House, Designed by Kim + Schenk - UNI
- The Ong & Ong House, 55 Blair Road in Singapore
- The Dodler Grand Hotel, By Norman Foster & Partners
- The Canadian Epicurian, Arthur C. Erickson, The Lonely Star...
- Tadao Ando, the Master..., La Fabrica
- Mexico City, Architecture + Design in 7 motions
- Tea House, Green vision by A1 Architects
- David Adjaye, Design Indaba 2013
- Palomba Serafini Associati, Creative requirements and regulatory
- Cino Zucchi, Freedom and Determinism
- Sou Fujimoto, Represent the intangible between the cave and the nest
- The VHM, Axis Viana Business & SPA Hotel
- Drift Bay House, Kerr Ritchie Architects
- Tropical Homes, The Eastern Caribbean’s Architecture
- Nigel Coates, Body as a metaphor of architecture...
- Ayaspasa House in Istanbul, Seyhan Özdemir + Sefer Çaglar: Two Creative People
- Oslo Opera House, Dance with the artforms
- Sir Richard Rogers, Views & Architecture
- Stephan Jaklitsch, Habits + Patterns + Algorithms 1998-2008
- Total Housing, New book by Actar
- Adam D. Tihany, Hospitality urban design
- The Qual Hill House, Bates Masi Architects
- CEBRA, Fuglsang Cuts
- Marcio Kogan, The Osler House
- Pezo von Ellrichshausen Architects, Fosc House
- The Architecture of Humeurs, New modes of architectural structuring and transaction
- Kristy Krone, The Apiary Project
- Bug Dome by The WEAK!, Marco Casagrande + Hsieh Ying-chun + Roan Ching-yueh
- Olivier Bourgeois, Trop de Bleu by In Progress Architecture
- The Design Firm, Satish Nayak Residence
- Pieta-Linda Auttila, WISA Wooden Design Hotel
- Zecc Architecten, Church of living
- Field Chapel in Boedigheim, Students of the College of Architecture at the Illinois Institute of Technology
- Pierluigi Piu, OLIVOMARE + OLIVINO
- Paris – Brussels, Two Centuries of Architectural Affinities
- Herzog & de Meuron, The duet of sublime and the picturesque one
- Tadao Ando, The most mystic architect in Japan
- Eero Saarinen, Back to the Future...
- Compartment House, Silent Light with Ario Danar…
- Foster + Partners, Working with History
- Civic Center in Saint-Germain en Laye, Simplicity Philippe Harden...
- Tadao Ando, Punta della Dogana
- The Vitra Campus, Architectural views
- 40_R Laneway House, Superkül Architects
- Sander Architects, Residence for a Sculptor
- Skylab Architecture, NORTH advertising agency
- AXEL SCHOENERT, Detox Hotel
- The Time of the boutiques, From booth to eBay
- FIFA : The splendour continues!, 27th International festival of films on art
- Dorte Mandrup + Cebra, Youth Recreation & Culture Center
- LIJO RENY architects, Dr. Cijo Jos and Dr. Thushara Cijo Residence
- Laure Tixier, Plaid Houses
- Quebec_2009 Architecture, Finalists for Awards of Excellence
- JVA, Triangle House
- Dolbeau-Mistassini Theatre, Theatrical setup of contemporary architecture
- GeneroCity, Out There: Architecture beyond Building
- MOS, Floating House
- WOMEN OF THE YEAR, 2008 Remarkable women
- LAVA - Laboratory for Visionary Architecture, Green Void
- Helen Zille, Twelve things you should know about Helen Zille, Mayor of Cape Town…
- Alessandro Mendini, The pantheistic of vision
- Sou Fujimoto, Children’s Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation
- Juvet Landscape Hotel, Do not disturb, birds are sleeping…
- Cyrille Druart, I-WAY
- Parasite Studio, White Apartment
- Coll-Barreu Arquitectos, Basque Health Department Headquarters in Bilbao
- Dupli.Casa House, Purity with J.MAYER H. Architects
- Hotel Habita Monterrey, Serenity in Mexico
- FARO Architecten BV, Experimental Home in Ijburg
- Aldo Cibic, Not an Archistar…
- Chapultepec Space, Design with at103
- EVERLAND HOTEL, Room with a view
- Presenhuber House, Zen attitude and austerity by AFGH
- Sanitas Per Aquam, Technical and aesthetic requirements of wellness facilities
- Carabanchel Housing, Dosmasuno Arquitectos
- Amalia House, Tribute to the nature
- Donna Karan, The color of Zen
- Jardins de Métis 2008, Coloured Reflections
- Christophe Dugied, Noctilus
- Dominique Perrault, From the "spirit of geometry" to "the spirit of subtlety"
- Opus Hotel, An oasis in Vancouver
- Claudio Silvestrin, Tridimensionality of modern architecture
- Alberto Mozó, BIP Computers Building
- The 2008 Governor General's Medals in Architecture, And the winners are…
- Maurice Nio, The Language of Architecture
- Design + Comfort space at Montréal -Trudeau, Aéroports de Montréal Lounge + International Finger
- Cadaval & Solà-Morales, The TDA house
- USEK - Kaslik, Lebanon, Student Housing
- Yuji Nakae, Akiyoshi Takagi + Hirofumi Ohno, NE Apartments
- Jean Nouvel, I believe the architect is a man who says something
- Terunobu Fujimori, Le gardien des traditions
- Zaha Hadid, Mobile Art: Chanel Contemporary Art Container
- Contemporary Jewish Museum, Conversation avec Daniel Libeskind in San Francisco
- Julius Shulman, All began just by chance
- Urbanopolis, What is the future of our urban planet?
- PAALMA, (Premio Artista + Architetto La Marrana Arte Ambientale)
- Yasuhiro Yamashita - Atelier Tekuto, Parabola House, visite guidée
- Indigo Hotel, A Boutique designed by Sebastian Irarrazaval
- Le Corbusier, The Art of Architecture
- S(E)OUL SCAPE, Towards a New Urbanity in Korea
- Jo Crepain, Anterwerpen in my mind
- Daniel Libeskind, Architecture is a communication art
- Moscow, Design and Architecture in 9 motions
- 20 Creative People/Architecture, Who are changing your world - 2008
- Charlotte Skene Catling, The Dairy House
- Bjarke Ingels, Twenty things you should know about BIG...
- Ørestad College, Ørestad, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Jürgen Mayer H., An der Alster 1 Building
- Toronto, Urban Design Awards
- Archizoom Associati, From the pop wave to the neutral surface
- MOSCOPOLIS, Eleven Musketeers + one city: Moscow
- Michel Rojkind, The rocker of mecixan architecture
- Kengo Kuma, Afternoon with an ecologist and poet architect
- 1973: Sorry, Out of Gas, Exploration of the architectural response to the 1973 oil crisis
- Zaha Hadid, Opus in Dubai, The sky is not the limit
- BEIJING, China’s new revolution
- As Antonio Gaudi as it gets, An archi-tour of Barcelona, where the street corners are all curves.
- The Atelier Bow-Wow, Momoyo Kaijima + Yoshiharu Tsukamoto
- The Island Machines, An Urban Dimension
- Eva Harlou, Twenty things you should know about Eva Harlou...
- Liu Tong Yu, Private House in Taipei
- Recipients of 2007 Awards of Excellence of RAIC, The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada have announced the recipients of the 2007 RAIC Awards of Excellence.
- Kazuyo Sejima + Ryue Nishizawa - SANAA, New generation of architects who designs the new Japan.
- JARDINS DE MÉTIS, From the barely audible to the highly melodic sound resonates in the contemporary garden
- Alter Architecture, Here, there & differently
- The Kitchen, a way of life, From shadow to light
- Berlin, Back on Track, The Berlin Hauptbahnhof
- Twenty things you should know about Nuno Grande & Pedro Gadanho..., Orange House - Casa em Carreço
- Which architecture plan for Quebec in this century?, OAQ Competition Finalists
- The urban oasis, Timeless Spaces
- Toyo Ito, Portrait
- 2006 Personality of the Year: Zaha Hadid, Zaha Hadid: the First woman architect to receive the Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Things you should know about Franklin Azzi..., ...in 13 questions
- Saucier + Perrote, 2006 Governor General’s Medals in Architecture for The Perimeter Institute for Theoretical physics
- A new standard housing of Japan, Special feature
- Frank Gehry + LVMH, same vision
- Frank Gehry, The magician
- Oscar Niemeyer, Joyous Curves
- The Nomadic Museum, An Arche of Paper
- Paul Laurendeau, A photography diary
- Michel A. Laflamme, A restrained architect
- Buenos Aires, Berlin, Montréal, 3 UNESCO Design Cities
- Which architecture plan for Quebec in this century?, List of Finalists
- Architecture Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale