Twenty things you should know about David Ericsson...WHAT TIME IT IS MISTER DAVID ERICSSON?
T.B., December 7, 2009
T.B., December 7, 2009
EgoDesign Magazine: Who are you? How would you describe yourself?
David Ericsson: I’m a Swedish product designer living in Hong Kong since three years.
E.D.: Tell us more about VOID Watches?
D.E.: VOID Watches is an independent boutique watch brand that I started in 2008. The ambition is to make simple, beautiful watches that are a bit more sophisticated than the average watch.
David Ericsson/Cufflinks VC1 Collection.
E.D.: Is there a philosophy behind VOID Watches?
D.E.: I guess there is but it’s difficult to set words to it. The name might imply something, people often ask me about it and for me it makes perfect sense; what do I need to explain? But when I think about it it doesn’t make sense at all… Time is a strange thing, it’s the most precious of commodities but we can’t see it, we can’t control it we can only measure it. A bit like the big empty spaces in space with nothing in them that are refer to as voids. We can’t imagine that immense thing, we can only calculate and put a number on it. Like time. Does that make sense?!
David Ericsson/VOID Watches_V02 Gold
E.D.: What do you consider your influences, what inspires you?
D.E.: I grew up in Sweden, at the time the riches country in the world. It’s very functional, organized and clean. I think it rubbed off. If I would mention a designer that influenced me it would be Dieter Rams.
E.D.: How would you explain Design?
D.E.: For me it’s much more function than form. I can’t understand how anyone can be a designer without having a thorough grasp of production. Design for me is the creation of something, not changing the shape of something.
- The benefits of ecology, Vitra…
- Hans J. Wegner, The Man of details...
- The Minimalism in Ornamentation, Making a comeback to bolster design and conquer new markets
- The Office of the future, NET NEST, a living space
- The Growing materials, The Wood
- Edge design + the way things are, Jean Louis Frechin's Thoughts
- Why Design Now?, The National Design Triennial Series
- Fibre[s] Design, Innovative materials & objects for better living
- Charles & Ray Charles, An Iconic couple of modern design
- The New Design Cities, Creativity + Technologies + Sustainability
- Kossi Aguessy, Twenty things you should know about Kossi Aguessy...
- Front Design, Design with senses...
- Cities: “living space”, Street furniture
- Electronic Shadow, Naziha Mestaoui + Yacine Aït Kaci
- Hiromichi Konno, Design with your senses
- Habita Hotel MTY in Mexico, The Joseph Dirand tour...
- Hella Jongerius, A Conversation with Hella Jongerius…
- The Clouds' flavors..., WHAF by David Edwards + Marc Bretillot
- Verner Panton, Panton Chair, 1959-1960
- Cheick Diallo, A Journey in Dapper Museum
- Blazys Gérard, Domison
- 2012, International Year of Ecological Design, Hicham Lahlou, Industrial Designer of the Year
- Jaime Bouzaglo, Elizabetha, Your Majesty...
- Is design still the preserve of the few?, The useful can be beautiful, the beautiful has to be affordable
- The Nouveau Art, Revival: 1900 - 1933 - 1966 - 1974
- Design For a Living World, Life cycle of the materials
- Gordon Guillaumier, Signs + Aestheticism
- Iris Mondelaers, No Frills Objects!
- 5 Creative People, To follow in 2011
- 2011: Bright and lights..., Ango, Eco-lights + Friendly by Angus Hutcheson
- Julie Tremblay, Twenty things you should know about Julie Tremblay...
- George Nelson, George Nelson - Architect, Writer, Designer, Teacher
- 6x11 Alpine Hut, OFIS Architects' retraite
- Zaha Hadid in London..., Home House
- NOMIYA, Last season at Le Palais de Tokyo!
- Mikiya Kobayashi, Simplicity with heart
- Philippe Starck, Design in time of crisis
- Simon Hasan, Vauxhall Collective
- Patrick Martinez, Twenty things you should know about Patrick Martinez...
- Cecilie MANZ, The culture of a good design
- Mercedes-Benz F-CELL Roadster, Tradition meets the future
- The Scandinavian TOUCH, IN BELGIAN FURNITURE - 1951-1966
- Y-3 by Yohji Yamamoto, Spring/Summer 2010 Men's & Women's Collection
- Destrøy Design, Objet Oblige
- Richard Hutten, 18 years of playing
- The Whif, New "Breathable Chocolate" Design Offers Chocolate Without the Calories
- Creative Reuse in Canadian Design, Cut/Paste
- VIA Design 3.0, 1979-2009 : 30 years of furniture design
- Quebec in Design, 75 Years of Works from the Collection of the MNBAQ
- Design Academy Eindhoven 2009, The beginning of change
- ARTĚL, Art for Everyday Use (1908-1935)
- Siegfried De Buck, Jewellery designer and silversmith
- Sylvain Dubuisson, Get out of my sun
- RAOUL DUFY, Ceramics
- Post mortem, Ten creators rethink the funerary urn
- Nature in a Kit, Nature and its double
- But where is Swedish design going?, From De Karin et Carl Larsson à Front Design
- Louise Campbell, To be continued
- Yrjö Kukkapuro, The functionalist
- Esplanada Studio, Tatiana Bilbao & at103, architects and designers of lightness
- Naoto Fukusawa + Jasper Morrison, Making things visible
- Javier Mariscal, Drawing Life
- Tom Dixon by George Smith, Wingback chair
- Cuisines en ébullition !, Young designers imagine the kitchens of tomorrow
- TOM DIXON, BACK TO BASICS - UTILITY 09
- COOL DOZEN+, The joy of discovery
- Per Emanuelsson & Bastian Bischoff, Cross Lounge Chair
- CHANEL, Toys for Aficionados…
- Design available for production, 13 VIA Projects Assistance Grants
- Sebastian Brajkovic, The Lathe Chairs
- ONE STRIPE, A collection for Domestic
- Paris / Design in mutation, New generation of designers
- Liset van der Scheer, The Bonnet Pouffes Collection + Casalis
- Christophe Pillet, The Outsider of french design
- OVO Editions, Duo with Pol Quadens
- Ron Arad, No Discipline
- Hèrmes…vu du ciel, Luxe, Design and Leisure
- Hermann Jünger, Found Treasures
- ENZO MARI, A view on the immensity
- Ettore Sottsass, Ettore Sottsass & Sottsass Associati
- Serge Mouangue, Twenty things you should know about Serge Mouangue...
- Marcel Wanders, The Kid from Boxtel
- David Trautrimas, HABITAT MACHINES
- Lagranja Design, Audace and Optimism
- Hella Jongerius, Dutch Design Days
- The Hotel PUR, Simplicity + balance
- Frank Tjepkema + Janneke Hooymans, The duo beyond Heineken The City
- Prisunic and design, A unique adventure
- Aqua Creations, Et la lumière fut !
- Design with a smile, Picture, if you will, design to be funny, humorous and impractical
- Pop Culture - Pop Style, Design from the fifties and sixties
- Gabriele Pezzini, Simply design
- 2008 VIA Labels, Manufacturer + designer + one vision
- Marie-Aurore Stiker-Métral, Have a seat!
- Dirk Schrijvers, An avant-gardiste collector
- Voices, Contemporary ceramic design from Sweden
- A Tribute to Müller-Brockmann, 19th International Poster and Graphic Design Festival of Chaumont
- Studio Fulguro, Interactive designers
- CHINA DESIGN NOW, The Red Dragon
- MOBIJunior, Kids + Design
- Moroso, Hi-tech design haute couture
- Andrew Aloisio, Somewhere in Between
- Olivier Peyricot, PSYCHOMOULAGES
- Joris Laarman, Strange shapes. Strange sizes. Strange spirit.
- Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, The French Touch
- Oki Sato + Nendo, XXIst Century Man for Issey Miyake
- Outofstock, Sebastian + Gustavo + Wendy + Gabriel
- Reza Abedini, A Persian slant
- 5.5 Designers, Un pour tous, tous pour un
- What kind of design for the 21th century?, Object or Piece of Art...
- The 21th Century will be feminine!, 9 designers who are transforming the contemporary design world
- Hetal Jariwala + Eva Bauer, Deux filles et un sac Flip & Tumble
- Nathalie Dewez, A luminous talent
- Marina Bautier, Atelier A1
- Goodbye Mister Ettore Sottsass!, 1917 - 2007
- Ingo Maurer, Maestro of Light
- Tomorrow Now, When design meets science fiction
- Mathieu Lehanneur, BEL-AIR, a new air-filtering system using plants
- Fabio Novembre, Women, I love you
- Great Indoors Awards winners 2007, Photographic Report
- Oki Sato, From Toronto to Tokyo by Nendo
- Stephen Burks, Designer of Natural Geometries
- Konstantin Grcic, The Galaxy of Objects
- Julie Mathias + Michael Cross, Romanticism and poetry by Wokmedia
- The emerging design, Palm Enroute Awards in mobility design 2007
- Inga Sempé, Sophisticated Lady of French design
- 5 Designers at Nike Bauer Hockey, Time out!
- Ron Arad, Industrial design by architecture influences
- Ahn Sang-Soo, Master of Korean graphic design
- Nipa Doshi + Jonathan Levien, The Ying and Yang of London’s industrial design
- Esthétique Domestique, Household appliances then and now
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair, ICFF Editors Awards 2007
- Joe Colombo, The Invention of the Future
- Airs de Paris, Paris as a point of convergence of design and architecture
- Toshiyuki Kita, Environmentalist designer
- American Streamlined Design, The World of Tomorrow
- Elhadi Yazi, Portrait: Elhadi Yazi, graphic designer in some letters…
- Design Life Now, National Design Triennial 2006
- Do not disturb - Drake Hotel, The Drake Hotel in Toronto
- MASSAUD, From chaos to meaning
- Omer Arbel, 20 things you should know about Omer Arbel...
- Vancouver's Cito Espresso Café, One of a kind
- Poul Kjærholm, The Furniture Architect
- Portrait: Gino Finizio, Under the banner of the transavantgarde
- Do not disturb - Gault Hotel, Comfort Zone
- 3rd Uncle Design, A multidisciplinary design studio
- ORA-ITO, Audacious designer
- Alain Michel FAGNIDI, A contemporary and refined view of African art
- Generation X, The global village
- Design Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale