The Designer's Dilemma. Changing the way we think about design to better tackle the challenges of environmentalism.
Judith Benhamou-Huet + Julie Martinez, March 23, 2009
Judith Benhamou-Huet + Julie Martinez, March 23, 2009
WARHOL TV/Andy Warhol et David Hockney, 1981 - Andy Warhol.
We can see from his diary that television had held a fascination for Warhol since the 1950s, and in 1973 he
turned naturally to this mass medium par excellence as a means of communicating his obsessions. Warhol
saw television as the perfect way to extend Interview: a continuation of the interview process that would
present the wide range of artistic practice that was beginning to emerge in the visual arts, cinema, music
and fashion, while bringing the concept to as wide an audience as possible, and introducing that quality of
instantaneousness which the print version lacked. The exhibition at la maison rouge sets out to build a
portrait of the artist based on his televisual work.
WARHOL TV/Andy Warhol face à Duchamp pour une prise de vue, 1966 - Photographe_Nat Finkelstein.
Judith Benhamou-Huet interviews (extracts of the catalogue exhibition) Vincent Fremont, the producer of all Warhol's TV shows.
Vincent Fremont: Andy didn't want to make television into art. He made a distinction between production, which could be described as a purely artistic activity, and the rest. For his early moves into television, his idea was to explore the soap-opera concept. That's what led to Phoney. He really believed in television. Andy was an American par excellence and television is the American. phenomenon par excellence. He began by founding Interview magazine in 1969, focusing initially on the cinema but later expanding to include fashion. Interview was an exceptionally creative magazine.
WARHOL TV/Andy Warhol's TV [episode 9], 1983. Pictured- Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol, 2009
Andy Warhol and his image
V.F.: Andy never talked about his television image. We were the only ones who could film him. He didn't feel comfortable otherwise. We also made films about people who came to the studio. He wanted to be in control of his image. […] He would use humour to avoid answering a question. Once, while on the set for a show he was doing with Elizabeth Taylor, he completely went to pieces. He completely forgot his lines. He wanted to make sure it never happened again. His mind could go blank in front of a stranger's camera, whereas he was feeling more and more at ease with his own camera.
WARHOL TV/Autoportrait avec Bianca Jagger - Andy Warhol
- Basquiat, SAMO the shooting star.
- Seydou Keita, 50 Works
- Nick Brandt, Living on Earth...
- Richard Long, A Walking Sculptor
- Josef Hoflehner, Mystery and Sensuality of Black & White
- Gyula Halász, Brassaï in the night
- Oleg Dou, Subliminal photographs
- Herb Ritts, A self-taught photographer
- Warwick Saint, A Boy + The Girls...
- Christian Coigny, IN PROCESS...
- Ara Güler, Lost Istanbul: 1950s and 60s
- Barkley L. Hendricks, The Birth of the cool
- Daphne Odjig, Pow Wow at Wikwemikong
- Helmut Newton, The SUMO. Must be readed.
- The Heroic Africa, Philippe Bordas, The Essence Photographic
- Jacek Jarnuszkiewicz, Man is a thinking reed No3
- Wangechi MUTU, The Anthropological Art
- Michel Comte, Empathic & Emblematic
- Ezra Stoller, An quiet Architect-Photographer
- The Dashanzi, Displays contemporary art in the Bauhaus style
- Brian Finke, The Flight Attendants
- Pierre Soulages, Painter of black and light
- Gérard Uféras, States of Grace
- Alexis Aliocha Peskine, Twenty things you should know about Alexis Peskine...
- YAYOI KUSAMA, Fireflies on the Water
- Frida Kahlo & Diego Rivera..., Passion, Politics and Painting
- Louise Bourgeois in Canada..., Sculptor of timeless sculpture
- Howard Schatz, Liquid Light Series
- Gabor Szilasi, The Eloquence of the Everyday
- Arthur Elgort, Le Dandy de la photographie
- Norbert Wagenbrett, Die Neue Sachlichkeit
- Anish Kapoor, The Metaphysical thinker...
- Los Angeles (1865-2008), This Side of Paradise
- Brendan Lee Satish Tang, Remix Generation
- Göksin Sipahioglu, Sir Sipa, photographer
- Controversies, A legal and ethical history of photography
- Champ de Vision, Damián Ortega Part 2
- Manuel Vason, The man beyond The Encouters
- Esther Shalev-Gerz, Regarding Your Image Regarding Me
- Laurent Grasso, THE HORN PERSPECTIVE
- Valérie Belin, Creative obsession of the image
- Frida Kahlo, Mexican Estridentism and Realism
- Thomas Nozkowski, The Revolutionary painting
- Mario García Torres, Red + Black + Sound...
- Abraham-Louis Breguet, An Apogee of European Watchmaking
- MILES in MTL..., We Want Milles: Jazz Face to Face with its legend
- Robert Rauschenberg, Gluts
- Le Mouvement, From Cinema to Kinetics
- FRIDA KAHLO, Y SU MUNDO
- Gerhard STEIDL, Fine art of Steidl book + Last Impressions
- UUTURAUTIIT, Cape Dorset celebrates 50 years of printmaking
- THE NUDE, In Modern Canadian Art, 1920-1950
- Sirine Fattouh, Lost - Won + The Remake
- Languages of Futurism, The artistic expressions of Futurism
- Frank Lloyd Wright, From Within Outward
- Denise Colomb, And the West Indies (1948-1958)
- BEYOND KIOSK, Modes of multiplication
- Ferdinando Scianna, Geometry + Passion
- Vanity Fair Portraits, Photographs 1913-2008
- Cai Guo-Qiang, I Want to Believe
- Nikolay Polissky, Large Hadron Collider
- Graffiti, Born in the streets
- Picasso Cézanne, Picasso looks at Cézanne
- Milton Glaser, The Modernist
- Philippe Parreno, VOICE-OVER
- NOMADS, Nomadism in Vancouver
- CARLO VALSECCHI, Lumen
- NAVIN RAWANCHAIKUL, SUPER CHINA!
- The Space of Words, Heterogeneous relationships between words and space
- The Jazz Century, I Love Jazz!
- MONA HATOUM, Measures of entanglement
- THE TAG, An Gallizia collection at The Grand Palais
- FIFA 2009, The splendour continues!
- Sophie Ristelhueber, Temporal + spatial + Images
- Shilpa Gupta & Mahzarin Banaji, While I Sleep
- Ray Caesar & Kosta Kulundzic, The Outsiders
- William Eggleston, An American in Paris…
- Beatriz Milhazes, Natural forms + rigorous geometry
- Erich Salomon, The King of the Indiscreet, 1928-1938
- DAMIÁN ORTEGA, CHAMP DE VISION
- Valérie Belin, La peau des choses
- Raymond Depardon + Paul Virilio, Native Land - Stop Eject
- Roman Cieslewicz, A man with a strong vision of creativity
- LE FUTURISME À PARIS, UNE AVANT-GARDE EXPLOSIVE
- OCEANIA, Signs of ritual, symbols of authority
- Picasso and the Masters, Pictural dialogue
- Balthasar Klossowski, Balthus - 100th anniversary
- 4 Days in Mongolia, Glimpses of life...
- Jules Kulein, Desire + Graphism + Provocation
- Steven Meisel, Makeover Lightness
- RON MUECK + GUY BEN-NER, REAL LIFE
- H BOX, H as Hermès
- Juan Muñoz, A narrator sculptor
- Thomas Scheibitz, About 90 elements/TOD IM DSCHUNGEL
- Geoffrey James, Utopia/Dystopia contrasts ideal society with a world gone awry
- Club of 8, The 2008 Governor General’s Awards in Visual and Media Arts
- Robert Mapplethorpe, Lisa + Milton + Thomas & Ken
- China Power Station, PART III
- César Baldaccini, An Anthology by Jean Nouvel
- Floriane de Lassée, Inside Views
- Monsengwo Kejwamfi Moke, Father of the Popular painting movement in Congo
- Alexander Rodchenko, Revolution in photography
- Richard Avedon, Photographs 1946 - 2004”
- Alec Soth, L'espace entre nous
- The 1930s at The MBAC, The Making of
- Patti Smith, Land 250
- Keith Haring, A Summer with Jean-Michel Basquiat
- Andrea Branzi, Open Enclosures
- Glenn Ligon, I Am A Man
- ¡CUBA!, A voyage through this Island’s Art and History, from 1868 to today
- Michael Craig-Martin, Father of Brit-Art
- Lee Bul, On Every New Shadow
- 20 Creative People for 2008, Who are changing your world - 2008
- Richard Serra, Master of the tectonic nature of sculpture
- Eija-Liisa Ahtila, The House Sculptures
- Gerda Taro, A revolutionary photographer in the Spain’s war
- Ray Caesar, A Toronto, les chats sont gris la nuit…
- De Superman au Chat du Rabbin, From the Shtetl to the devouring metropolis
- Takashi Murakami, The mass-market machine man
- Albert Watson, A provocative testimony
- Daphne Odjig, "Picasso's grandmother" + The Indian transition
- Yin Xin, The western most Chinese painters
- Carlito Dalceggio, Anatomy of the invisible
- Graffiti is art or bullshit ?, A brief history of graffiti movement
- TaTa Sam Bejan, A Tribute to an humanist photographer
- Edward Steichen, Master of Photography
- Pierre and Gilles, Double Je (1976 - 2007)
- Five Nights at the Museum, The union of Art with Architecture
- What the World Eats ?, Have a dinner !
- Le Tour du monde de la Pub, Broken course of the history of advertising
- The Situationist International (1957–1972), An Bauhaus imaginiste
- Kurt Wyss, Photographic Encounters
- Zhu Yunwei, Opened / closed eyes, awoken dream of a photographer
- David Lynch, The Air is on Fire
- FIFA : A quarter-century of pure splendour!, 25th International festival of films on art
- Twenty things you should know about Eva Van Den Bulcke..., Schlof project
- Shomei Tomatsu, Skin of the Nation
- Centre Pompidou, 30 years of world culture!
- 35 New Photographers 2007, Photographers of tomorrow, selected by Getty Images Bank
- Valérie Belin, The anthropometric method: Metamorphosis or transformation?
- The Event,, Images as protagonists of history
- Nacho Lopez, Revelations and Miracles
- A History of Advertising: Photography in France, from Man Ray to Jean-Paul Goude
- Desiree Dolron: Exaltation - Gaze - Xteriors, The mystic photography
- Paris celebrates international photography, Paris Photo celebrates its tenth anniversary with a sparkling selection of Nordic talent
- Lee Friedlander, -
- NRC Scientists Help Solve the Mysteries behind the Mona Lisa, -
- Digimart - Take 1, Global Digital Distribution Summit
- Joel Meyerowitz, Out of the Ordinary, 1970-1980
- J. Shulman, Modernity and the Metropolis, July 2006 / NBM, Washington D.C
- Nicolas Ruel, Inox
- Egodesign.ca has arrived!, www.egodesign.ca’s June 22, 2006 online debut was a resounding success.
- Art Home
Lululemon Outlet Five Fingers Shoes ray ban sunglasses Oakley Sunglasses Sale Cheap Michael Kors Michael Kors Outlet Canada Lululemon Canada Sale MK Outlet Tiffany and Co Lululemon Yoga Clothing Will Make You Moving Freely Nike Air Max 2013 Plus spy+ Vibram Five Fingers Sale